NETWORK 2017 -- MAY 12
NETWORK 2017 Conference
Friday, May 12
Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel
Dedication - In Memory of Ruth E. Derfler
NETWORK 2017 is dedicated to the memory of Ruth E. Derfler, the Director of High School Equivalency for the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and a Past President of the Massachusetts Coalition for Adult Education. Ruth was a beloved colleague, co-worker, friend, and advocate to countless ABE staff and students for more than forty years.
Join us for another inspiring conference featuring high quality workshops that give you the tools you need to shine in the classroom!
There's something new every year, no matter what you teach or what your role is at your program.
- Network with more than 500 of your colleagues
- Learn from experts in more than 50 workshop sessions
- Celebrate with award winners who are leaders in the field of ABE
- Meet with exhibitors to preview exciting new products and materials
Workshop topics include:
- ABE instruction at high, intermediate and low levels
- College and Career Readiness (CCR)
- Content areas (e.g. reading, writing, math and science)
- Contextualized instruction
- Curriculum development
- Enrichment for practitioners
- ESOL instruction at high, intermediate and low levels
- Formative assessment
- Integrated skills and strategies
- GED and HiSET
- Public policy (state and federal)
- WIOA's impact on program design and performance standards
- Workforce development
- Working conditions
- Workplace education
- Resource development
- And much more!